Monday, May 19, 2014

Transfers

     Well this week might have been my favorite week of my mission so far. I broke my record of lessons in a week with 17, and I had some great experiences. First off I am moving next Thursday to a city named Surabaya. It's known as the hottest city in Indonesia! Everyone tells me I'm going to get dark and lose 10 kilos. That really doesn't sound to bad to me haha. 
     I'm having a great time and I'm going to miss the people in Solo a lot. My new companion is Elder Simanungkalit. Most of his family is from my ward and they are great people. I hear he's a great Elder, works hard. and likes to have fun. We will have success I know it.
      Well the coolest experience of my week was I went on splits last Saturday and I had the best lesson of my mission. We taught this Islamic young man named Fxxxxx. He is really smart and pretty much fluent in English. We taught him in Indonesian and half in English. it was great. He thinks very logically. The whole time I just testified of the Savior and his atonement. 
     I know the atonement of Jesus Christ is true and I can promise every person in this world that it is true! The spirit was really strong and he asked some great questions. I just loved the lesson because I could see he was feeling the same thing I was feeling.To top it all off we asked him to pray and he did.He said a vocal prayer to his Heavenly Father! It was so cool. I'm pretty sure that was his first time ever praying! It was great! 
     Then yesterday the last lesson of the week we taught an in-active his name is Txxxxx. he is a great young man but needs a little help. He was talking about how he was offended by some members and how the members are self righteous, and I agree with him totally. I myself have been self righteous at times, but I looked at him and said the people in this church are not perfect but the teaching and the gospel that we have are perfect! Then he went off and was like I'm thinking of going to another church and stuff. It made me feel really bad. I just feel bad for him. Being a little like Jacob my brother and myself of course, I pulled out the scriptures and opened D&C 1:30 and read it to him, and said these words are from no man but God himself. I raised my voice a little and said this is his church and we are lead by him no one else. I love this church and I love my Savior. I may not be perfect at showing it but i do love him! I love you all and miss you all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment